Thursday, January 1, 2009

Following bliss

Something beautiful happened the other day. I made the decision to follow my bliss and move to Kauai for the next 6 months. After deciding, I called up my brother, who just graduated from college in May and has been living in the basement of my mother's house in the suburbs without a car. While I'm generally a proponent of car-free living, I happen to have one that I drive right now, and understand how useful and even important it can be. So, after deciding to go to Hawaii, the first call I make is to my brother. Now we're not super close, and I often don't just call him to talk.

So, I say, "Hey, I'm moving to Kauai, do you want the car?".
He says, "Oh my god, that would totally change my life. It would open up my possibilities for getting a job and getting around."

I smiled.
There was something so poetic about making the decision to following my bliss, and in turn be able to offer a gift of grace to someone else...

No comments: